Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

XenForo Versus SMF

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dukie, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

So, anyone want to have a friendly debate regarding Xenforo and SMF? I have a license for Xenforo but use SMF a lot.

Anyways, I will be willing to moderate the debate and answer any questions you guys may have!
  2. Clara Listensprechen Member

Not interested in a debate but just wanna say that my main beef with XenForo is that it's hard to tell when new posts have been made. I **realllly** like everything else on it, though, including the social media mimickry right down to the Like button. It's far and away a huge improvement over SMF's capabilities.
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=181.msg814#msg814 date=1319903223]
    Not interested in a debate but just wanna say that my main beef with XenForo is that it's hard to tell when new posts have been made. I **realllly** like everything else on it, though, including the social media mimickry right down to the Like button. It's far and away a huge improvement over SMF's capabilities.
    [/quote]

Actually I believe with a portal, you can display latest posts made by users.

There are also status updates that can be posted for all to see.
  4. Clara Listensprechen Member

That makes a portal a necessity, ergo toggling between the board and the portal a necessity, and since the portal doesn't display where ALL new posts can be found like the board itself should, that's not a good thing.
  5. blahman New Member

Xenforo looks amazing but I'm an SMF fanboy baby!
  6. Dr. Deejay Member

I am sure people are going to hate me for this, but I even like vBulletin better than xenForo. It has some good points, but I really dislike some stuff in xenForo, like that you have to hover before you can view the description of a forum. Also I found the "applications" or whatever it is called somewhat confusing. I am happy with SMF and phpBB :)