Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

When to Advertise

Discussion in 'Webmaster Articles' started by Dukie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

Placing advertisements on your website is a great way to make money and pay for things such as hosting and domain renewal. But, when should you do it!

If it's a simple website that just displays content then you can place advertisements in the beginning. But, if it's a dynamic website such as a Blog or Forum, you should place advertisements when you are established.

Established may mean different things for people but to me, it's when your website is really popular and you are getting a lot of pageviews.

If you place advertisements too early, some visitors might not like your website, especially if you have too much advertisements or ads that are pop ups or some how annoying.

It's good to slowly build a user base of loyal followers and members, before you place advertisements. Also, make sure you reach out to the community and ask them about their opinions. Like, if the advertisements are somehow affecting them negatively or other issues regarding the ads.

Finally, you should always give a reason for the advertisements. Like make sure your visitors know that you placed ads to pay for the hosting and domain. If you want to make money for yourself, you can do that too :) but maybe it might be best not to tell them that unless they see you working your butt of.

Hey, if you are an owner of a high traffic site and you worked your butt off to make it this popular, why shouldn't you be making some extra cash?
  2. Dr. Deejay Member

Great article! :)
  3. JoySEO New Member

I am not totally agree with this. Placing advertisement wont disturb user experience. If you are using adsense then its advisable to place add's once you ranked well in google because more you rank more CPC you will get. And yes i agree with you placing niche specific advertisement gives more click and more money.