Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What do you think of .CO?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dukie, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

I don't know if you all know but there is a new domain around, it's the .CO domain (kinda old news though).

What do you think?

Can it overtake .COM and be the next big domain extension? I already know that some domain "lovers" are buying tons of these with keywords, in hopes of selling them for profit when the time calls.
  2. ARG Guest

I am only interested in the .com and .org extensions. They are still the most popular and the biggest sellers when it comes to turning them over. I buy and sell domains on a daily basis and it is a big part of my income so I prefer to stick with the .com's and .org's that bring in the most profit.
    As far as the .co, I cant really see it becoming a big deal anytime soon.

;)
  3. Dukie New Member

Hey, out of curiosity, how much do you bring in at average for the domains you sell?
  4. ARG Guest

WOW...

That's a lot of money 8)

But a question, does it include designs or is the sale only the domain name?
  6. ARG Guest

Domain names only. I had an recent offer for $10,000 for privategossip.com but declined. I have big plans for that one. ;)
  7. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=117.msg559#msg559 date=1313330372]
    Domain names only. I had an recent offer for $10,000 for privategossip.com but declined. I have big plans for that one. ;)
    [/quote]

Where do you post up your offers?
  8. Clara Listensprechen Member

I just find it hard to believe that anybody would pay those amounts for those names. "A fool and his money are some party". ;)
  9. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=117.msg563#msg563 date=1313337998]
    I just find it hard to believe that anybody would pay those amounts for those names. "A fool and his money are some party". ;)
    [/quote]

Some people are dead set on domain names.

Thankfully I'm not one of them :p but some people wouldn't make a site till they have the right domain.
  10. ARG Guest

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=117.msg562#msg562 date=1313337890]
    [quote author=Les™ link=topic=117.msg559#msg559 date=1313330372]
    [/quote]

Where do you post up your offers?
    [/quote]

Godday Auctions is where I sell mine. I also get offers from those that stumble across my website. Funny thing is that I just purchased antifreddiemac.com two days ago. Someone emailed me just today with an offer for it. I also declined his offer but cant figure out how he he stumbled across that domain name so quickly.

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=117.msg563#msg563 date=1313337998]
    [/quote]

I have seen certain domain names at Godaddy Auctions sell for well over a $100,000+. It is strange that someone is willing to pay that much but it does indeed happen.

;)
  11. Dukie New Member

Whose Freddie Mac? :p The name seems so foreign to me.

Anyways, I like all the information in this topic :) I hope people who stumble here will be able to use it to sellt heir own domain...

Maybe you should write an article :p post it up here and get a nice linkback to your site(s) :) just a thought.
  12. ARG Guest

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=117.msg572#msg572 date=1313422327]
    Whose Freddie Mac? :p The name seems so foreign to me.

Anyways, I like all the information in this topic :) I hope people who stumble here will be able to use it to sellt heir own domain...

Maybe you should write an article :p post it up here and get a nice linkback to your site(s) :) just a thought.
    [/quote]

Freddie Mac is one of the leading Home Loan (Mortgage) companies in the US, if not the largest. They are now under regulation by the US Government and are very well know for mortgage fraud, faulty foreclosures and kicking families out in the street under false and fraudulent pretenses. The US Government now supports them and reimburses them for most of their losses so that is why they do business this way.
    I have had issue with them which resulted in a faulty foreclosure on my property. So, once my family and I get moved into our new place by the 31st of this month, I will be posting our entire story at that domain for the entire world to see just how they do business.
    Our legal team also says that we have one hell of a law suit and that we may be proceeding with it soon.
    That is why I purchased the domain. If Freddie Mac wants to avoid all of this they can purchase the domain from me. Price? $1,000,000 USD.

Btw, I also own antibankofamerica.com. Their offer was not sufficient enough for me to consider selling. ;D

As far as writing an article on domain buying, selling or trading, I really don't want to give all of my secrets away. ;)
  13. Dukie New Member

Damn...

You won a lot of domain, especially good ones like those.

That's really smart of you though :)
  14. wsiintra Member

The popularity of these domains is increasing day to day, many of us are registering this domain extension very frequently.
  15. cnbvhjef02 New Member