Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Used Joomla?

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by Dukie, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

Anyone here used Joomla?

It's actually a very nice CMS. I've seen several sites using it, especially sites for non profits and business sites.
  2. Clara Listensprechen Member

Never heard of it. What is it?
  3. ARG Guest

I have used Joomla many times over the past five or six years and always go back to Wordpress or SMF. Joomla looks fancy but it is very heavy on the server and somewhat complicated to set up and function. There are a few functions that to most are extremely confusing and for some reason over the years they just cannot fix the many security issues that have plagued them for so long.

I myself gave up on Joomla and other than doing custom work for customers, wouldn't waste my time on it for my own sites.

;)
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=81.msg341#msg341 date=1311801524]
    I have used Joomla many times over the past five or six years and always go back to Wordpress or SMF. Joomla looks fancy but it is very heavy on the server and somewhat complicated to set up and function. There are a few functions that to most are extremely confusing and for some reason over the years they just cannot fix the many security issues that have plagued them for so long.

I myself gave up on Joomla and other than doing custom work for customers, wouldn't waste my time on it for my own sites.

;)
    [/quote]

Joomla isn't worth it at this day in time, especially now that you can turn Wordpress into a CMS with a couple of mods and setting changes :)
  5. Clara Listensprechen Member

Yeah--but can it give you a Threaded View? One man's vulnerabilities are anothers' flexibilities....
  6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=81.msg414#msg414 date=1311954897]
    Yeah--but can it give you a Threaded View? One man's vulnerabilities are anothers' flexibilities....
    [/quote]

What do you mean by a threaded view?

:x
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

[IMG]...but unlike what's pictured here, it would also include posts/replies in a linktree sort of arrangement. It would map out which reply replies to which post.
  8. Dukie New Member

A threaded view for blog posts? or you mean different pages?

There might be something in the Wordpress Extend site which may allow this... Don't think it comes in a default installation.
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

In SMF ware. Wordpress isn't SMF, alas.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=81.msg575#msg575 date=1313446086]
    In SMF ware. Wordpress isn't SMF, alas.
    [/quote]

Well, you CAN turn it into a forum with plugins.

But that's a whole other story.
  11. ARG Guest

I am now actually looking into Joomla again. Still a bit confusing when it comes to using Rocket Themes but I think I will check into it a bit further.
  12. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=81.msg579#msg579 date=1313516825]
    I am now actually looking into Joomla again. Still a bit confusing when it comes to using Rocket Themes but I think I will check into it a bit further.
    [/quote]

Okay :)

Tell me if you find anything interesting or worth telling, lol.

Long time since I've even seen a Joomla site.
  13. blahman New Member

Nope but I plan to try it in the future.
  14. Dukie New Member

[quote author=blahman link=topic=81.msg978#msg978 date=1321362024]
    Nope but I plan to try it in the future.
    [/quote]

It's very versatile but I think I said it before that it has a harder learning curve.
  15. dzordzkluni New Member

Joomla is great, i use it a lot. I recommend it to everyone :)

Cheers
  16. wsiintra Member

I know about Joomla but i never used it, because this is not so much easy like Druple and wordpress.
  17. dikertrome New Member