Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Un-taped Niche's

Discussion in 'Website Niche' started by Cinccino, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Cinccino New Member

Yes believe it there are games/movies/franchises/tv shows etc that have no competition at all. The ones I remember are Wet and Lost Oddysey. I have a big list on my pc somewhere. Have any of you come across vacant niches?
  2. Dukie New Member

The only ones I can think of would be forums that are very specific.

Such as forums on new TV shows, games, consoles, etc.

Obviously they are hard to find but if you can tap into them then you are bound to have a successful forum.
  3. Clara Listensprechen Member

Focused research communities are definitely a niche that I'm after. But niches ain't "popular" enough for some boardware developers...which is why they're niches. It would be a considerable improvement if SMF developers could spell "niche" let alone recognize any niche as worth pursuing.
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=90.msg417#msg417 date=1311955215]
    Focused research communities are definitely a niche that I'm after. But niches ain't "popular" enough for some boardware developers...which is why they're niches. It would be a considerable improvement if SMF developers could spell "niche" let alone recognize any niche as worth pursuing.
    [/quote]

Research communities?

Such as forums on cancer research or something of that sorts?

Seems rare to me so I'm guessing those types of forums would fall under un-tapped niches.
  5. Clara Listensprechen Member

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=90.msg429#msg429 date=1312036379]
    [quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=90.msg417#msg417 date=1311955215]
    [/quote]

Research communities?

Such as forums on cancer research or something of that sorts?

What you speak of is proprietary and would be provided for by a company involved in that manner of research and development.

I'm talking about what PBS Discussions board used to be before the plug got pulled. A section of it was comprised of historical data, links, and related PBS broadcasts that were pertinent. Another was involved with global history as it related to current events/developments. Yet another contained significant research materials regarding archaeology. Actually another number of sections, as the board was divided into program topics but were actually related discussions (NOVA: Refuge in the Holy Land; a separate special about the book "The Question of God", and the various segments of NOW devoted to related religious topics--and it's under this circumstance that Gri's Grivitation/Freedom of Moving Thoughts would have served well to connect those separate but nonetheless related lines of research).

Truckloads of data and research work (as in sweat put into digging up the info by board members) were lost when PBS pulled the plug. But it was the architecture of the PBS board that made it conducive to posting research, not the least of which was the Threaded View/Flat View toggle.
    Considering the size of the PBS Discussions board and the number of people who were both viewers and providers of research content, I'd say so.
  6. Dukie New Member

Oh I see, seems like an un-tapped niche.