Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sell website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dukie, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

Would you sell your website if someone offered you a really big sum of money? Not a million dollars but an amount you know your website is worth?

I personally would but I would demand some kind of recognition for developing the site. Then again, if the site itself is good, I might not sell it... Even for a million dollars.

I create websites for hobby and would be happy to just make enough money to pay for domain and hosting. But as I mature I think I will need money in the future and honestly, having some revenue from my forums or blogs wouldn't be a bad thing 8) at least the ladies would love it :p
  2. james New Member

I would never sell my website! Even if they offered me a lot of mony!
    I work too hard on it.
  3. ARG Guest

If the money was right, sure I would sell in no time at all. In fact I used to have a very popular CoD2 gaming website. After winning a few tournaments some mook that was afraid of competition purchased it from me only to snatch up some members then shut it down.
    There is only one rule in the world of business. Everything is for sale if the price is right. ;)
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=ARG link=topic=128.msg601#msg601 date=1313577345]
    If the money was right, sure I would sell in no time at all. In fact I used to have a very popular CoD2 gaming website. After winning a few tournaments some mook that was afraid of competition purchased it from me only to snatch up some members then shut it down.
    There is only one rule in the world of business. Everything is for sale if the price is right. ;)
    [/quote]

I agree with this :p but if I had an attachment with my website, I wouldn't sell it!
  5. Clara Listensprechen Member

If the person and the price was right, I would sell.
  6. wsiintra Member

Sure, if i will get good money for my websites then i will surely sale it but if i am earning good income on daily basis from my website then i will not sell it.