Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

myBB looks plain

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dukie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

Is it just me or does myBB look really plain?

Maybe I'm just new to it but I'm not talking about the default skin either.

When I looked at their theme site, all the themes look like alike. The same average, there doesn't seem to be any themes that make me say "WOW".

Just my observation.
  2. Dr. Deejay Member

+1000000
    Have you looked at their descriptions too? :p I mean, almost every theme has this:
    WHOO WHOOO MY THEME IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! DOWNLOAD IT IS VERY NICE!! THIS IS THE BEST THEME I'VE EVER CREATED
    Sorry for uppercase :p
  3. Dukie New Member

Yes, I have and I don't know those authors are thinking.

Those themes are horrible compared to the free theme available for SMF. But I've seen some nice CUSTOM myBB themes, which were really nice.
  4. Dr. Deejay Member

Indeed. :p Now I understand why they say MyBB is a wannabe VB. Arantor said somewhere that he hasn't seen a theme of a vB forum that didn't look like vBulletin. Well, I haven't seen a MyBB forum that didn't looked like MyBB. o_O
  5. Dukie New Member

myBB is a wannabe VB or IPB, if you seen some myBB themes, they look somewhat like IPB, while others look like VB. Heck, I think some community members created mods that give myBB some similar looks like IPB, like the side statues update box, etc.

Meh, myBB is like poor mans IPB/VB :p It's free.
  6. Cinccino New Member

As much as I love mybb and skin it for my friends sites I do agree that once the designers see they're skins are good they pull them from the site and make them paid.
  7. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Allan link=topic=61.msg659#msg659 date=1314362527]
    Mybb is ok but they look very plain, even if the skin is awesome there is something about it.
    [/quote]

myBB was supposed to be simple I believe but honestly, it's way to simple... and doesn't even come close to SMF.

Which is simple, with great themes, and a package manager that doesn't need you to FTP everything.
  8. Dr. Deejay Member

Dukie do you remember I said sometimes that I like myBB a lot? Well I am taking that back. I now think it is one of the worst softwares. :p