Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Member Demands?

Discussion in 'Website Management' started by Dukie, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

If members demanded you change some aspect of your site, would you do it?

I know some members are very vocal and state their likes and dislikes and I'm wondering if you would give in. Personally, if it was something I like and they want it to be changed, I wouldn't do it. Instead, I would still reach out to them in order to compromise... Especially if it's an active member but usually active members don't do this.
  2. ARG Guest

Well if they "demand" that something be changed I would demand that try asking one more time, this time using a little respect.
    If the request seems logical and does not interrupt the normal daily routine of your members then there is no reason not to make the change. If it is a major change that may drastically alter the layout or any member options then it is sometimes a good idea to create a poll to see what your members think about it before considering the change.

Btw, your bbc editor seems to be missing a few icons. You may want to consider fixing that.

;)

Attached Files:

3. Dukie New Member

Ah, new theme here... I'll have to reinstall the mods on this theme.

Anyways, yeah that makes sense. But by demanded, I didn't actually mean demand :p but more like asking.
  4. ARG Guest

5. Clara Listensprechen Member

If the member in question is a substantial contributor, I have no problem with that. Gri got my board back online by fixing my database so Gri gets to do whatever the hell he wants to, critics be damned.
  6. The Craw Member

If the request is logical and actually improves the site, yes, I'd change it. If the person is just being a troll I don't bite.
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

Well, my board is FOR trolls and other banned people. And I got an update on the Gri Factor--in the process of doing what he wanted, he stopped fixing my board, so he got demoted. He doesn't even wanna talk to me now. I guess you might say I now enjoy Gri Immunity. :D 8)
  8. The Craw Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=131.msg888#msg888 date=1320621998]
    Well, my board is FOR trolls and other banned people. And I got an update on the Gri Factor--in the process of doing what he wanted, he stopped fixing my board, so he got demoted. He doesn't even wanna talk to me now. I guess you might say I now enjoy Gri Immunity. :D 8)
    [/quote]

I wonder if he'll be here soon... Never can understand what he's saying, but he sure gets around. :p
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

His own board got suspended (yet again) so there's no telling. On the other hand, since I'm here, my Gri Immunity might rub off on this board, ha.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=The Craw link=topic=131.msg894#msg894 date=1320632791]
    [quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=131.msg888#msg888 date=1320621998]
    [/quote]

I wonder if he'll be here soon... Never can understand what he's saying, but he sure gets around. :p
    [/quote]

I think he is a member here, I will be surprised if he wasn't. I don't think he'll comment though, but wish he did :p it would increase overall post count 8)
  11. blahman New Member

in my forum, I AM THE BOSS.

What I say goes, don't like it then please get out!