Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

IPB 3.2.0 Final released!

Discussion in 'Forum Script News' started by Dr. Deejay, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Dr. Deejay Member

2. Dukie New Member

I've used IPB on several forums and I gotta admit, I like it :) It's really smooth.
  3. ARG Guest

Due to recent events, I may be switching my site to IPB soon.
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=73.msg288#msg288 date=1311626264]
    Due to recent events, I may be switching my site to IPB soon.
    [/quote]

What issues?

:( I'm jealous.
  5. Clara Listensprechen Member

Yeah, I'm curious about those issues, too. My list of issues with SMF continues to grow, so I'm shopping around now.
  6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=73.msg294#msg294 date=1311635582]
    Yeah, I'm curious about those issues, too. My list of issues with SMF continues to grow, so I'm shopping around now.
    [/quote]

*Jealous look*

Although SMF is great, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on IPB.

By the way, what are your issues with SMF? (You should create a new topic about it).
  7. ARG Guest

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=73.msg295#msg295 date=1311640837]
    [quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=73.msg294#msg294 date=1311635582]
    [/quote]

*Jealous look*

Although SMF is great, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on IPB.

By the way, what are your issues with SMF? (You should create a new topic about it).
    [/quote]No need to. A bunch of those guys are on attack mode toward me, and it's all because I mentioned one name: Gri. SMFers have had a long track record with Gri and a lot of it is prejudice, sorry to say. Well, now I'm the scapegoat du jour. Misogyny is part and parcel of the attack mode of those involved with the Wedge fork, and in short, a request for support results in flaming on their part, and so I'm just not getting support. Nothing anybody can do about it. And so I shop around for something I can get SANE support for. Oh--and a Flat View/Tree View toggle.
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

Okay, update on my last post: I've decided I've outgrown the limitations of SMF and am looking for recommendations (as per my posted topic on that decision). Having posted that, I now see that IPB comes highly recommended, and not just by the good company here. If there is such a thing as a test-drive package, I'm gonna want to get my mitts on it posthaste. I'm through with SMF and all its forks.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=73.msg347#msg347 date=1311814958]
    Okay, update on my last post: I've decided I've outgrown the limitations of SMF and am looking for recommendations (as per my posted topic on that decision). Having posted that, I now see that IPB comes highly recommended, and not just by the good company here. If there is such a thing as a test-drive package, I'm gonna want to get my mitts on it posthaste. I'm through with SMF and all its forks.
    [/quote]

I think IPB is better than vB, for several reasons.. The biggest reason because vB is badly managed from what I've read.

When vB came out with 4.0 publishing suite, the developers rushed it and thus, there were a lot of bugs. When people complained, supposedly they were banned from the site and not refunded. Also, I think vB is overused, especially in big forums, although it provides an "Established" look, I'd rather go with IPB.
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

Hehehe--sounds just like SMF. And I can't stand 2.0 Gold, as it's more inflexible than any of the release candidates were (and why I'm hanging on to 2CR2 with both fists). Thanks for the review! Most helpful indeed.