Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ideal Website Stats

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dukie, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

I know we all wants lots and lots of visitors to our websites and members in our sites (if it's database driven) but what are some ideal stats you would love to have?

I would like 50,000 Unique visitors a month and at least 400,000 Page views :)

What about you?
  2. ARG Guest

I am just looking for a good, active memberbase. I could care less about page views or straggling visitors. In some cases most of them are merely wayward bots and have no actual interest in your site. Once I begin to get a decent "active" memberbase I will begin removing all that have registered simply to post nothing.
    My goal over the next two years is to have at least 10,000 active members. ;)
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=114.msg501#msg501 date=1312819469]
    I am just looking for a good, active memberbase. I could care less about page views or straggling visitors. In some cases most of them are merely wayward bots and have no actual interest in your site. Once I begin to get a decent "active" memberbase I will begin removing all that have registered simply to post nothing.
    My goal over the next two years is to have at least 10,000 active members. ;)
    [/quote]

Honestly I don't even think 10,000 is possible to be "active" unless your idea of active is to post at least once a month.

But it's doable defiantly, with the right promotions and stuff to get the community interested and keep their interest.

I wish you good luck :)
  4. ARG Guest

Well of course 10,000 will not be active daily. Even monthly would be good for me. With a little reformatting it may be possible. I have seen a few political discussion sites where they have anywhere from 200 to 500 daily active members. I can live with that.

;)
  5. Dukie New Member

Maybe it's just me but your site doesn't seem that political. To me, it seems more like a general forum.
  6. ARG Guest

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=114.msg505#msg505 date=1312897642]
    Maybe it's just me but your site doesn't seem that political. To me, it seems more like a general forum.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=114.msg504#msg504 date=1312871267]
    With a little reformatting it may be possible.

[/quote]

;)
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

Not to mention being run by people with a debate-conducive attitude with less condescension. People don't like patronization as a rule.
  8. Dukie New Member

Political forums have a lot of potential, although there seems to be a lot of them.

If you can get a group of people to be active, you'll look at something from 1,000 - 4,000 post in the first month alone :) especially in such economy and today's society.
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

Political forums for rank/file are up against professional political ops like Fox, MSNBC/Newsvine, Comedy Central's dedicated boards for Daily Show and Colbert Report etc etc etc etc. Which is why MY niche is to keep the people who got banned from those places active on my board. The professionals are preferred by activists who want to get their voices heard/broadcast, and a humble board like mine can't compete with that.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=114.msg516#msg516 date=1313083173]
    Political forums for rank/file are up against professional political ops like Fox, MSNBC/Newsvine, Comedy Central's dedicated boards for Daily Show and Colbert Report etc etc etc etc. Which is why MY niche is to keep the people who got banned from those places active on my board. The professionals are preferred by activists who want to get their voices heard/broadcast, and a humble board like mine can't compete with that.
    [/quote]

You never know, maybe you can change your forum to be more geared towards the masses.

You can accept banned people but doesn't mean you should just limit yourself to them.
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

You're trying to sell me on making my forum a bigger forum when I don't want to because...? I mean, if I wanted something for the masses I would have already done that, seems to me. I don't so I didn't and am not about to. ;)
  12. wsiintra Member

I think 50,000 is not a good idea, it depends upon business to business, if you have a entertainment portal then this ratio is too small.