Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Howdy! In from SMF Community

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Clara Listensprechen, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Clara Listensprechen Member

Hello, royalduke--in from your thread on SMF's ChitChat section mainly because I found out you had a run-in with gri, bless his heart. He's not as bad as he might look. I found the discussion about another political board of interest and would like to post on that board mainly cuz I'm a political animal myself...but my time, already being stretched somewhat, is something I can't reliably commit to provide to other boards for traffic-boosting purposes, and, given that (and for the record) don't actually expect services for my board from yours. If it's okay if I just hang out, interested only in other political boards, I'll stick around.
  2. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=28.msg35#msg35 date=1310655887]
    Hello, royalduke--in from your thread on SMF's ChitChat section mainly because I found out you had a run-in with gri, bless his heart. He's not as bad as he might look. I found the discussion about another political board of interest and would like to post on that board mainly cuz I'm a political animal myself...but my time, already being stretched somewhat, is something I can't reliably commit to provide to other boards for traffic-boosting purposes, and, given that (and for the record) don't actually expect services for my board from yours. If it's okay if I just hang out, interested only in other political boards, I'll stick around.
    [/quote]

Welcome :) I'm happy to hear that you will stick around :)
  3. Clara Listensprechen Member

Kewl. Sorry 'bout your experience on my board. I do get a lot of spam/hackers and what you've encountered was a blanket ban (IP range) added to the profile of a guy who was indeed a hacker. I've since deleted that blanket ban and you're certainly welcome to try again. If I've guessed right about which IP was yours, you should have no trouble now. If you do, by all means yank my chain again; stay on the board as a Guest so I can ascertain your IP and try to fix the situation again.
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=28.msg43#msg43 date=1310661856]
    Kewl. Sorry 'bout your experience on my board. I do get a lot of spam/hackers and what you've encountered was a blanket ban (IP range) added to the profile of a guy who was indeed a hacker. I've since deleted that blanket ban and you're certainly welcome to try again. If I've guessed right about which IP was yours, you should have no trouble now. If you do, by all means yank my chain again; stay on the board as a Guest so I can ascertain your IP and try to fix the situation again.
    [/quote]

Ah, no problem :)

But next time don't do an IP ban like that because as you can see, you can ban innocent people too :(
  5. Dr. Deejay Member

6. Clara Listensprechen Member