Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Howdy all =)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Shawn Gossman, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Shawn Gossman New Member

Howdy Folks,

I thought I had joined up by now but apparently I have not. I love admin forums and run a big one myself :) I say the more admin and webmaster forums, the more resources for forum owners and webmaters :D My name is Shawn, 27 year old male, from southern Illinois. I run about 20 message forums, a social network, link directories, wiki site and blogs. Thanks for having me :)
  2. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Shawn Gossman link=topic=198.msg907#msg907 date=1321315020]
    Howdy Folks,

I thought I had joined up by now but apparently I have not. I love admin forums and run a big one myself :) I say the more admin and webmaster forums, the more resources for forum owners and webmaters :D My name is Shawn, 27 year old male, from southern Illinois. I run about 20 message forums, a social network, link directories, wiki site and blogs. Thanks for having me :)
    [/quote]

Hello Shawn :)

Wow, that's a big resume of websites! Glad to have you with us.
  3. Shawn Gossman New Member

Haha yes it is :) The good thing is with my 20 forums and other sites and over 10 years of experience with it all, I will have plenty to talk about :p

Thanks for the welcome Dukie :D
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Shawn Gossman link=topic=198.msg922#msg922 date=1321316614]
    Haha yes it is :) The good thing is with my 20 forums and other sites and over 10 years of experience with it all, I will have plenty to talk about :p

Thanks for the welcome Dukie :D
    [/quote]

How do you manage all that? :p I get overwhelmed with 5 but I have college class and such to attend to.
  5. Shawn Gossman New Member

I run 2 networks.

One is a weather/storm chasing network which has the largest storm chasing social network online, the largest Illinois SKYWARN community online and one of the largest storm chasing wiki projects online. I have two forums on it as well.

The other network, Another Forum Network is message forums and there are about 18 on that network. I only make or acquire forums that I can have an interest in. That a way, I can be active on them. I am not even near overwhelmed yet but also I have good staff to help keep forums going when I am not around :)

Forums are mainly what I do during my free time instead of watching TV, going to a bar or stuff like that.
  6. blahman New Member

Hello Shawn.

Like you, I also focus on forums in my spare time... just a hobby.