Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How many sites do you run?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dukie, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

As the subject asks, how many sites do you run?

Currently, I think I only run 3 in all. Including this one, another forum, and a very successful blog.

How 'bout you?
  2. ARG Guest

Right now I have 5 sites but only one active. I really need to get my design site back online when I have time. I also have the domain of privategossip.com which could turn out to be something huge if I would just get off my ass and do something with it.

;)
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=38.msg64#msg64 date=1310796688]
    Right now I have 5 sites but only one active. I really need to get my design site back online when I have time. I also have the domain of privategossip.com which could turn out to be something huge if I would just get off my ass and do something with it.

;)
    [/quote]

Privategossip seems like a great domain.

Can't wait to see what you do with it :) 5 sites seem like a lot but I'm sure you can manage (unlike me).
  4. ARG Guest

I know. Five sites is a bit much since I rarely have time to do anything with them. I do however plan on putting a few more domains up for sale. Here is what I have. The syberwebz.com, omniwebz.com and of course, meaningles.com are not available. ;)
  5. ukranger New Member

I feel embarrassed now as I have 42 domains & still collecting

I do sell some off now & again but I think I'm somewhat addicted :-[
  6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=ukranger link=topic=38.msg78#msg78 date=1310922547]
    I feel embarrassed now as I have 42 domains & still collecting

I do sell some off now & again but I think I'm somewhat addicted :-[
    [/quote]

Don't worry, same thing here. I once had like 24 domains in all and only 4 sites out of them... Waste of money and I let them expire... Now I have like 12.
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

Whew. I have basically one and a half boards but under one domain name (Hypercrites.org) and I what happened was that I got stuck with it from the original owner now disappeared. I put up an extra board now and then to try out new releases and I have another experimental free board on SMF New, but I'm the only member. Just test-driving is all.

Explaining "one and a half" boards...the original is a 1.1.14 board and was considered a main board until 2RC2 was beta tested on Flipside. Now that Flipside has (sorta) taken on a life of its own, the original board is now "down for maintenance" indefinitely due to spam attacks. I have it backed up on CD and I'm considering deleting it altogether, even though I'm fond of the features it has that weren't carried over to 2.x.

Yeah, it's a bummer that the 2RC2 board took off, sorta, because it didn't make the finals for Gold. Still, it has more mods made for it than Gold did or does.
  8. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=38.msg87#msg87 date=1310952229]
    Whew. I have basically one and a half boards but under one domain name (Hypercrites.org) and I what happened was that I got stuck with it from the original owner now disappeared. I put up an extra board now and then to try out new releases and I have another experimental free board on SMF New, but I'm the only member. Just test-driving is all.

Explaining "one and a half" boards...the original is a 1.1.14 board and was considered a main board until 2RC2 was beta tested on Flipside. Now that Flipside has (sorta) taken on a life of its own, the original board is now "down for maintenance" indefinitely due to spam attacks. I have it backed up on CD and I'm considering deleting it altogether, even though I'm fond of the features it has that weren't carried over to 2.x.

Yeah, it's a bummer that the 2RC2 board took off, sorta, because it didn't make the finals for Gold. Still, it has more mods made for it than Gold did or does.
    [/quote]

Mm, I think it's smart to have multiple forums under one domain :) saves a lot of money. But the domain should be shorter....
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

The domain is what it is because of its history and its purpose. It is what it is and that's how it is. ;)
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=38.msg89#msg89 date=1310955926]
    The domain is what it is because of its history and its purpose. It is what it is and that's how it is. ;)
    [/quote]

It's a good domain :p If it works for you then great :D
  11. Dr. Deejay Member

I believe I own 3/4, I'm currently building one (which I will showcase here soon, just need to make some posts and stickey's). :)
  12. Dukie New Member

Can't wait to see it Dr. deejay!
  13. wsiintra Member

These days i am running more than 4 websites and these all are related to different field from real estate, entertainment, hotels and SEO.
  14. Clara Listensprechen Member

IMHO, One is enough of a handful to handle. :p