Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Forum Owners

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dukie, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Dukie New Member

Do you think it's a turn off if the forum owner does not take part in this own community?

For example I've seen a few successful forums where the owner doesn't even post anymore.

What do you think of that?
  2. Dr. Deejay Member

Well I don't really know... it relies to it. When there's a very friendly admin, I wouldn't really mind. But it would still be nice to see an owner stay active on his/her forum. :) Or at least takes part of it.
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Dr. Deejay link=topic=240.msg1191#msg1191 date=1330111466]
    Well I don't really know... it relies to it. When there's a very friendly admin, I wouldn't really mind. But it would still be nice to see an owner stay active on his/her forum. :) Or at least takes part of it.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's what I think too!

I think it would be great if the admin stayed active on the forum no matter how big or active the forum is itself.
  4. Clara Listensprechen Member

Showing a friendly face when an admin does participate certainly is a plus, but an admin that is the only one chiming in on a starter board can be a minus without other people. Been there, done that. ;)
  5. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=240.msg1200#msg1200 date=1330278811]
    Showing a friendly face when an admin does participate certainly is a plus, but an admin that is the only one chiming in on a starter board can be a minus without other people. Been there, done that. ;)
    [/quote]

That silly admin should make several accounts and make sure it doesn't seem like he's talking to himself :p