Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

First screenshots of MyBB 2.0

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dr. Deejay, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dr. Deejay Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I'd say their installer is awesome, but the layout used on the login page looks like crap. :p But that's probably cuz we can't see the whole layout :)
  2. Dukie New Member

I once tried to install myBB on my own dedicated server using webmin. It was a disaster! Now, I simply use an autoinstaller :) it saves me time and gets the job done, lol.
  3. Dr. Deejay Member

Oh, that reminds me of yesterday. I installed SMF on my site, but I converted it to MyBB (actually, I convert lots of times to other softwares, I should stop with that :p). I used MyBB a few times before, but it didn't sucked so hard as it did yesterday. And call me dumb or don't: I had to fix their merge system to convert to MyBB.. :( Yes, I know everyone make mistakes, but c'mon. XD SQL errors on the first page. I bet they didn't tested it before releasing it. =P MyBB is awesome, unfortunately not for me. =P
  4. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Dr. Deejay link=topic=60.msg181#msg181 date=1311169058]
    Oh, that reminds me of yesterday. I installed SMF on my site, but I converted it to MyBB (actually, I convert lots of times to other softwares, I should stop with that :p). I used MyBB a few times before, but it didn't sucked so hard as it did yesterday. And call me dumb or don't: I had to fix their merge system to convert to MyBB.. :( Yes, I know everyone make mistakes, but c'mon. XD SQL errors on the first page. I bet they didn't tested it before releasing it. =P MyBB is awesome, unfortunately not for me. =P
    [/quote]

It's okay :) MyBB isn't right for me either although I've seen many people stating that they love it.
  5. Dr. Deejay Member

Seems like they finally released a patch XD But I agree, it isn't right for me too. :p
  6. Dukie New Member

Are there any myBB 2.0 shots from board index? or post area?
  7. Dr. Deejay Member

Nope :( But I'll do some research, maybe I can find something :)
  8. Dukie New Member

Alright, hopefully they released some =]
  9. Dr. Deejay Member

Indeed :) I might consider going to MyBB again when 2.0 is released, but I hope it's design is better than that one of 1.x :p
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Dr. Deejay link=topic=60.msg313#msg313 date=1311693186]
    Indeed :) I might consider going to MyBB again when 2.0 is released, but I hope it's design is better than that one of 1.x :p
    [/quote]

Yeah and hopefully myBB can retain it's identity instead of acting like a free version of vB or IPB.
  11. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Allan link=topic=60.msg664#msg664 date=1314375383]
    There is alot of talk about myBB 2.0 on the promotion forums.I hope it can live up to the standards of what everyone is saying.
    [/quote]

I recently purchased XenForo and trust me, unless myBB is very sleek and modern, it will never be close to as good as XenForo.
  12. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Allan link=topic=60.msg687#msg687 date=1314468156]
    XF is great, i member on a couple of forums using it.I haven't had a chance to look at the acp but i here it's simple
    [/quote]

The ACP is indeed clean and I love it, better than SMF for sure.

My Xenforo forum is at http://talkbasketball.info

If you're interested.