Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Favorite CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by Dukie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

My favorite CMS happens to be a fully modified version of Wordpress because I'm very familiar with it.

Technically Wordpress is more of a blog platform :p But I've even managed to turn SMF into somewhat of a CMS and use that some times as well!
  2. Clara Listensprechen Member

Never saw a reason for it so I don't even use one.
  3. Dukie New Member

I'm not surprised :) SMF takes care of pretty much everything for me :)
  4. Dukie New Member

^ I used to do that too :p
  5. The Craw Member

I've tried Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. Wordpress is the easiest to use because it's so user friendly. But personally, I wouldn't use a blog software for a CMS. the last CMS I used was my own custom coded one It which sorely lacked in features and snazzy stuff, but it had a really good framework for building off of.
  6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=The Craw link=topic=56.msg902#msg902 date=1321302089]
    I've tried Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. Wordpress is the easiest to use because it's so user friendly. But personally, I wouldn't use a blog software for a CMS. the last CMS I used was my own custom coded one It which sorely lacked in features and snazzy stuff, but it had a really good framework for building off of.
    [/quote]

I always hear of coders actually making their own little CMS than using a premade one. But I guess it makes sense, especially if a coder is doing it for himself.
  7. The Craw Member

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=56.msg905#msg905 date=1321307808]
    [quote author=The Craw link=topic=56.msg902#msg902 date=1321302089]
    [/quote]

I always hear of coders actually making their own little CMS than using a premade one. But I guess it makes sense, especially if a coder is doing it for himself.
    [/quote]

You get exactly what you want when you do it yourself.
  8. blahman New Member

CMSmadesimple or whatever it was called. I've only used that in the past and it was easy!
  9. brandon6741 New Member

My favorite CMS is Wordpress since it is easy to operate and plugins that comes along with this CMS are of great help.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=brandon6741 link=topic=56.msg1207#msg1207 date=1330512619]
    My favorite CMS is Wordpress since it is easy to operate and plugins that comes along with this CMS are of great help.
    [/quote]

Yes, Wordpress is indeed something :)

I think Wordpress will be around till the end of time :p due to all the developers and it's ability to basically change with the times.
  11. JoySEO New Member

+1 for wordpress. Its easy to manage and can do all the function with the help of plugins. I have few sites built on joomla the difference i see in Joomla and WP is WP works fast compared with joomla. I am not sure all agree with this. Least in my view.
  12. wsiintra Member

But i am using Druple and i think this is one of the best CMS to use.
  13. dikertrome New Member