Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Domain Change

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dukie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=66.msg259#msg259 date=1311537491]
    Aha. No I did not do F5 cuz I thought it was enough to hit the circular arrow thingie on my address bar. I just learned sumpin here. I see the new one and I'm cool with that too. I for one know I can't beat it.
    [/quote]

Well, you wouldn't know till you try :p

But thanks I suppose, all credit goes to Les.
  2. ARG Guest

Perhaps you should raise the height of the header and logo areas a bit in index,css. It is currently header at 90px and logo at 95px. The actual image itself is 450x110px.

Ideal settings would be:
    Code:
    #header {
      height: 115pxpx;
    }
    Code:
    #logo a {
      background: url("../images/_style2/logo.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
      display: block;
      float: left;
      height: 110px;
      text-indent: -9999px;
      width: 450px;
    }
    ;)
  3. ARG Guest

Also if you are concerned about it matching, I was just going by the colors of the old logo. You could try one of these and see if you like one better than the current. If so let me know and I will post the actual logo with a transparent background.

;)

Attached Files:

4. Dukie New Member

I like the red one :)
  5. ARG Guest

Here you go sir. Make sure to change the name from logo2 to logo before installing. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=66.msg289#msg289 date=1311626530]
    Here you go sir. Make sure to change the name from logo2 to logo before installing. ;)
    [/quote]

Thanks man, I really appreciate it and you are very talented!
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

Les, what software are you using to make that logo? Just curious. I just got GIMP over here.
  8. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=66.msg292#msg292 date=1311635318]
    Les, what software are you using to make that logo? Just curious. I just got GIMP over here.
    [/quote]

I have a feeling he's either using Photoshop or Fireworks, personally when I was kinda into making graphics, I used Fireworks.
  9. ARG Guest

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=66.msg292#msg292 date=1311635318]
    [/quote]

Well I normally would use PhotoShop CS5 since I have the suite but since my comp took a dump about 2 months ago I have been using a loaned, very weak comp until I finish building my new one. Currently I am using my very first copy of PhotoShop, 7.0 to be exact. Believe me, Gimp has many more options than my 7.0 relic.

;)
  10. Clara Listensprechen Member

Hehehe---yes, GIMP has more options (so I've heard) but its logo generator doesn't do THAT.
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

And a great job you do, too. No contest.
  12. Dr. Deejay Member

I like the new name :)
  13. ARG Guest

[quote author=Dr. Deejay link=topic=66.msg304#msg304 date=1311677542]
    I like the new name :)
    [/quote]

Thanx. Took me a while to find one that was not taken. ;)