Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Do you play games?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dukie, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

If you do, what games or type of games do you play?

Example: Call of Duty, Halo, Starcraft....

Personally, I've been too busy this whole year to even attempt to play some games :(
  2. ARG Guest

I am a die hard CoD 2 fan. I used to play constantly and even had my own clan. We did great in the tournaments but I have not had time to play at all the past two years or so.
    On the rare occasion that I get bored I will usually snap in the disc and play single player for a while.

;)
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=57.msg198#msg198 date=1311170013]
    I am a die hard CoD 2 fan. I used to play constantly and even had my own clan. We did great in the tournaments but I have not had time to play at all the past two years or so.
    On the rare occasion that I get bored I will usually snap in the disc and play single player for a while.

;)
    [/quote]

Ah Call of Duty :) I'm surprised you haven't moved to Black Ops, because it has better graphics. I'm guessing the game play and the overall feel of CoD 2 is holding you back? and making you play, even though the game is old :p
  4. ARG Guest

Yea the game is old. My disc is just about worn through. Like I said, I just play to kill some time. I have no desire to play any new games.

;)
  5. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=57.msg203#msg203 date=1311170469]
    Yea the game is old. My disc is just about worn through. Like I said, I just play to kill some time. I have no desire to play any new games.

;)
    [/quote]

Honestly same here, I'm pretty young, still I don't like to spend money on games.

That's one of the reason I don't own an Xbox or PS3.

Last year, I used to play a free FPS game (I spent $80 on it though, to buy weapons and stuff) but it affected me negatively. I didn't have time to spend online and my school work took a huge hit.
  6. Clara Listensprechen Member

I'll play arcade games and that's about it--life's too short to put money into a specialized gamebox.
  7. Dukie New Member

Clara, what type of arcade games do you play? got any recommendations?
  8. ARG Guest

I am a little embarrassed to say this but I actually play the hell out of Bejeweled Blitz when I am on Facebook. Highest score so far was 1,260,800

;D
  9. Clara Listensprechen Member

[quote author=royalduke link=topic=57.msg212#msg212 date=1311177313]
    [/quote]
    Just cruise thru the 500+ I have installed in my Arcade on Flipside! Well, actually, a number of those games are political to fit the mission of the board and a number of them were to amuse the daughter of my disappeared boss (all the ones with Apples in 'em).

My personal favorites include some of the ones that won't save scores (and that I haven't figured out how to fix yet) like Parking Zone. Puzzles in general, Sudoku, Mahjongg...and for some odd reason Zuma Web. Othello (Reversi)...that's all I can think of at the spur of the moment.
  10. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=57.msg221#msg221 date=1311201845]
    [quote author=royalduke link=topic=57.msg212#msg212 date=1311177313]
    [/quote]
    Just cruise thru the 500+ I have installed in my Arcade on Flipside! Well, actually, a number of those games are political to fit the mission of the board and a number of them were to amuse the daughter of my disappeared boss (all the ones with Apples in 'em).

My personal favorites include some of the ones that won't save scores (and that I haven't figured out how to fix yet) like Parking Zone. Puzzles in general, Sudoku, Mahjongg...and for some odd reason Zuma Web. Othello (Reversi)...that's all I can think of at the spur of the moment.
    [/quote]

Darn, you got a lot of games there :)

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=57.msg216#msg216 date=1311181713]
    I am a little embarrassed to say this but I actually play the hell out of Bejeweled Blitz when I am on Facebook. Highest score so far was 1,260,800

;D
    [/quote]

I've used Facebook for at least 2 years now and I got to say, I've never played a single game on Facebook... Weird.
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

Facebook games are too invasive, IMHO. I did try playing one once and decided not to after running into a lot of ...heh...I don't remember what it was exactly...redirects? Well, too much nosy junk. I've got cool games in my Arcade and I'm happy.
  12. Dukie New Member

Arcade games are too old fashioned for my liking, I guess I'm just a graphics guy.
  13. Clara Listensprechen Member

Games just ain't worth THAT much to me. How 'bout a nice game of pinochle.
  14. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=57.msg240#msg240 date=1311394724]
    Games just ain't worth THAT much to me. How 'bout a nice game of pinochle.
    [/quote]

I have no idea what that is :x
  15. Clara Listensprechen Member

It used to be as popular as poker...which, strangely enough in this day/age of gameboxes, is popular enough to deserve its own TV show. And then there's cribbage...canasta...bridge...
  16. Dukie New Member

Chess, greatest game ever.

Just sayin'
  17. Clara Listensprechen Member

Chess is so predictable even a machine can play it. The way to win in chess amounts to being able to anticipate moves several moves ahead, and that's predictability. ;P

Backgammon anyone? Parcheesi? Checkers? .......Othello, Reversi.....?
  18. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=57.msg260#msg260 date=1311537752]
    Chess is so predictable even a machine can play it. The way to win in chess amounts to being able to anticipate moves several moves ahead, and that's predictability. ;P

Backgammon anyone? Parcheesi? Checkers? .......Othello, Reversi.....?
    [/quote]

Checkers yeah but I never liked it as much as I liked Chess.
  19. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Allan link=topic=57.msg670#msg670 date=1314410995]
    I played WoW for years around 5 to 6.Right now playing Red Dead Redemption on the 360, awesome game.
    [/quote]

Ah yeah, I never played that game but my friends think it's an awesome game :) Red Dead Redemption.