Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Do you have ads?

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dukie, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

So, do you have ads on your forum(s)?

How much do you make a month?
  2. ARG Guest

I only have one ad so far from a local tavern. It brings in only $175.00 per month but it's a start. Your best bet if you want to advertise is to stay away from programs such as Google Ad's altogether and find local businesses that are willing to pay for advertising.
    The programs that pay by impressions or clicks are usually just a rip off and are created for companies to actually advertise for free because they will always accuse you of abuse or lie about over clicking and rarely pay you what is actually owed.
    Finding someone willing to pay a basic monthly fee for advertising is the best way. If they are legit then they know how expensive advertising can be ad are willing to pay a base price rather than pay by clicks.

;)
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=113.msg499#msg499 date=1312819078]
    I only have one ad so far from a local tavern. It brings in only $175.00 per month but it's a start. Your best bet if you want to advertise is to stay away from programs such as Google Ad's altogether and find local businesses that are willing to pay for advertising.
    The programs that pay by impressions or clicks are usually just a rip off and are created for companies to actually advertise for free because they will always accuse you of abuse or lie about over clicking and rarely pay you what is actually owed.
    Finding someone willing to pay a basic monthly fee for advertising is the best way. If they are legit then they know how expensive advertising can be ad are willing to pay a base price rather than pay by clicks.

;)
    [/quote]

Personally I think 175 a month for a website that is brand new is WAY too much especially if it's a local business and wouldn't benefit much... From what I can tell.

But hey, people want some exposure and some people would pay a lot for that exposure. Anyways, that's really good though but not everyone is that lucky :p
  4. Clara Listensprechen Member

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=113.msg497#msg497 date=1312811668]

[/quote]
    Not only no, but hell no. ;)
  5. Clara Listensprechen Member

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=113.msg502#msg502 date=1312856615]
    [quote author=Les™ link=topic=113.msg499#msg499 date=1312819078]

;)
    [/quote]

Personally I think 175 a month for a website that is brand new is WAY too much especially if it's a local business and wouldn't benefit much... From what I can tell.

But hey, people want some exposure and some people would pay a lot for that exposure. Anyways, that's really good though but not everyone is that lucky :p
    [/quote]
    It it's a local board for only local people, it makes sense. But if you have an international community, it doesn't...unless you've got a local firm doing international business online.
  6. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=113.msg507#msg507 date=1313008195]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

If your forum grew really large and you needed to put up like $300.00/Month for decent dedicated server, would you?
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

[quote author=Dukie link=topic=113.msg511#msg511 date=1313025463]
    [quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=113.msg507#msg507 date=1313008195]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

If your forum grew really large and you needed to put up like $300.00/Month for decent dedicated server, would you?
    [/quote]
    Not only no, but hell no.

I run nothing more than a humble discussion board for a small political community that are refugees from other boards. I don't want a community bigger'n I can handle.
  8. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=113.msg514#msg514 date=1313082854]
    [quote author=Dukie link=topic=113.msg511#msg511 date=1313025463]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Not only no, but hell no.

I run nothing more than a humble discussion board for a small political community that are refugees from other boards. I don't want a community bigger'n I can handle.
    [/quote]

If you ever get more than you can handle, give me call I'll take care of them for you :p
  9. ARG Guest

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=113.msg508#msg508 date=1313008298]
    [quote author=Dukie link=topic=113.msg502#msg502 date=1312856615]

[/quote]
    It it's a local board for only local people, it makes sense. But if you have an international community, it doesn't...unless you've got a local firm doing international business online.
    [/quote]

I don't care if it's an ad for a local business or not. If someone comes to me offing to pay for ad space then why would I want to deny the extra income?
    Easy money...I'll take it any day. ;D
  10. Dukie New Member

I'd actually do the same thing as you Les :)
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

If somebody offered me money I'd take it too. It just doesn't make good business sense is all, if you're contemplating a sales department whose assignment it is to approach local businesses with a deal.

Far be it from me to tell a local business his business if he's throwing money at me.
  12. james New Member

I do not have ads on my forum, I do not like them.

If I get big, i shall add Google adsense.
  13. Dr. Deejay Member

I don't have ads currently but I am planning to have some in the future. The hosting my site is hosted on is quite expensive (I'm not paying for it though), so in my opinion it would be better to have some money each month that we can use to pay the hosting. And perhaps we can even buy IPB in the future.