Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Cpanel or other?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Dukie, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

If you used more than one panel, which do you think is better?

Cpanel or another panel that you used to manage your hosting account?
  2. ARG Guest

I have used both cPanel and Plesk. Both have their positive sides but if it came down to a decision, although it would be tough I would chose cPanel.

;)
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=84.msg342#msg342 date=1311801788]
    I have used both cPanel and Plesk. Both have their positive sides but if it came down to a decision, although it would be tough I would chose cPanel.

;)
    [/quote]

Meh, I hate Plesk.. It gave a vibe of Windows and I didn't like it.

I love Cpanel for the online compression and extraction ability <3 it.
  4. ARG Guest

I only used Plesk for hosting customer sites when I was into hosting. It does a great job for hosting. One drawback was the backup system. I am not sure how it works today but when I used it the only way to back up was to either use cron jobs or SSH (Secure Shell) and execute certain commands. This really sucked and was very time consuming when I had more than 250 customers because each database had to be backed up one at a time. But, i am sure that it is much different and probably easier by now. Other than that i really liked using it.

;)
  5. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Les™ link=topic=84.msg370#msg370 date=1311829017]
    I only used Plesk for hosting customer sites when I was into hosting. It does a great job for hosting. One drawback was the backup system. I am not sure how it works today but when I used it the only way to back up was to either use cron jobs or SSH (Secure Shell) and execute certain commands. This really sucked and was very time consuming when I had more than 250 customers because each database had to be backed up one at a time. But, i am sure that it is much different and probably easier by now. Other than that i really liked using it.

;)
    [/quote]

I've only tried it once, didn't like it but reading your thoughts on it, I might retry it in the near future.
  6. Shawn Gossman New Member

My host has a custom web panel. I like it a lot better than cPanel or Plesk. However, I do use cPanel on my emergency status website's hosting service. The custom on I use on my main hosting service is just as good as the others IMO. It has your one-click install features (though I don't use them) and a bunch of other stuff.