Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Banner Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dukie, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

I realized that forumscripts needs a new look honestly. I think I should start with a banner but since I'm not good with banners and web design in general, I think I'll leave it to the community!

Basically make us a banner that will fit the forum and match the forum colors. The banner must say:

ForumScripts.info

And I would appreciate it if there was some custom logo to go along with it.

Thanks! Winner will have their banner posted up and a thank written on this topic.
  2. ARG Guest

I had an issue with my PS so I had to uninstalled all custom fonts because I could not narrow down which font was preventing my PS from opening. Now I just install them as I need them so pick your font and I will see what I can come up with.

http://www.dafont.com/
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Bummer too. I had over 1400 custom fonts installed. :-[
  3. Dukie New Member

I'm the wrong person to ask about fonts.

Maybe go with your instincts? Something that will fit on this forum and can be carried on signatures as well.

Anyways, thanks!
  4. ARG Guest

Have you got maximum size specs or anything...?
  6. Dukie New Member

I believe the size is:

317x76
  7. Clara Listensprechen Member

8. Dukie New Member

No problem :) I hope this is coming up nicely because I need a nice banner for this forum, so I can go to advertising mode :p
  9. Dukie New Member

This is on hold for now and will resume after I come up with a new name for this forum, due to a planned change of domains.
  10. Dukie New Member

So I would appreciate it if someone would make another banner logo for this site. This time make it match this new theme :)

thanks.
  11. Clara Listensprechen Member

Just an inky li'l something I GIMPed up real quick....

That would be the logo. I used Paint to do the on.png icon in jpg and used GIMP to convert to png. Just to show what Paint can do.

Attached Files:

12. Dukie New Member

You do know that skriptmaster is more for forum scripts and not really scrolls? right? :p

Anyways, good work but I think I will only use the logo though for now. I don't think the On and Off needs to be changed at this time.
  13. Clara Listensprechen Member

Scrolls are what's used to signify scripts even with javascript. That's what the js icon is. Just sayin'.
  14. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=49.msg609#msg609 date=1313623127]
    Scrolls are what's used to signify scripts even with javascript. That's what the js icon is. Just sayin'.
    [/quote]

I actually didn't know that...

MMm, well.. Can you maybe add the scroll before Skriptmaster? and then make Skriptmaster blue instead of red... make it match the site color?

Thanks.
  15. Clara Listensprechen Member

As an icon it's really itty bitty but I'll see what I can do. I made the font color a contrasting color but of the same value so that it would stand out and yet co-ordinate with the value of the background-- and the black in it wouldn't melt into the background. But if you want it as blue as the background, so be it.

Attached Files:

16. Dukie New Member

Hey,

Thanks for changing it :)
  17. Clara Listensprechen Member

How's this one, with the js icon...

Well, dang. Just as I match the color on your last Theme, ya go and change it. :p
  18. Dukie New Member

It looks really weird :x

especially because the image on the background isn't really focused.

Anyways, can you maybe work with this new theme?

Sorry but the old theme had a bunch of problems and I was forced to remove it!
  19. Clara Listensprechen Member

Out of focus is what you get when you blow up an itsy bitsy icon real big. I'm afraid that's as good as that gets. As for the new theme...I'm pooped for today. Will see tomorrow.
  20. Dukie New Member

[quote author=Clara Listensprechen link=topic=49.msg615#msg615 date=1313629368]
    Out of focus is what you get when you blow up an itsy bitsy icon real big. I'm afraid that's as good as that gets. As for the new theme...I'm pooped for today. Will see tomorrow.
    [/quote]

NP :)

and thanks for all the work.