Welcome to geekForum.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Anonymous Forums

Discussion in 'Forums' started by Dukie, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Dukie New Member

What do you think about forums where the posters are all anonymous?

meaning, nobody knows who each other is. Do you think it will be a good thing or a bad thing?

Conversations will still take place but this way, people can't judge by username, picture, past posts by the same user, etc.
  2. The Craw Member

That takes a lot of the social aspect out of the forum. It would be like talking to someone on the other side of a wall, and you never knew who it is. Seems to me it would also increase flaming by a ton. If you're anonymous, you don't have to answer for what you say.
  3. Dukie New Member

[quote author=The Craw link=topic=197.msg900#msg900 date=1321123244]
    That takes a lot of the social aspect out of the forum. It would be like talking to someone on the other side of a wall, and you never knew who it is. Seems to me it would also increase flaming by a ton. If you're anonymous, you don't have to answer for what you say.
    [/quote]

That's true but it seemed to have made 4chan a very well known but controversial forum. I guess it comes down to what the webmaster wants to deal with.
  4. blahman New Member

I would gladly take part in an anon forum. They are sometimes fun, very fun to troll!